We take your privacy extremely seriously and accordingly we have ensured that the way we collect, store and use customer data is in line with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), launched in May 2018.
Your Personal Information
Unless you choose to provide it to us (for example by placing a sales order and / or subscribing to our mailing list and / or opening an account with us and / or enabling pop-ups [or push notifications] and / or enabling contact with us via Facebook Messenger), we will not collect any personal data from you when you visit our website.
When you place an order on our website, we will store certain information about you to ensure we’re able to fulfil that order and provide you with the best service possible. If you’re interested in our products, our news or special offers and so chose to subscribe to our mailing list we will again store some of your personal information.
The information you provide to us when placing an order is limited to your name, email address, physical address and contact telephone number. The information your provide when subscribing to our mailing list is an email address only. This information is held securely, in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
Where you subscribe to receive pop-ups (push notifications) your IP address is collected.
When you place an order with us online you will be asked to enter your credit / debit card information. We do not retain this data. However, your credit / debit card details are shared with Stripe (our online payment provider) who use this information in order to process the payment transaction linked to your order.
Please note that our website will never automatically opt you in (via a pre-checked tick box) to receive direct marketing.
Providing Information to 3rd Parties
The information you provide to us will only ever be shared with third parties in the following instances:
- To process a debit / card payment (via Stripe) linked to an order placed on our website
- If we’re asked to assist government fraud prevention agencies
- Where you've subscribed to receive pop-up messages on our website (via 'Consistent Cart – Messenger Marketing & Abandoned Cart Recovery' App), your IP address will be shared with our development partner CarlsApps
- Where you take advantage of a discounted product bundle, basic order details (your name, address and email address) will be shared with our development partner Beeketing, as part of normal order processing.
- Where an order is fulfilled by one of our product sourcing partners (Printful), basic order details (name, address and email address) will be shared.
What we do with Personal Information
We use personal information to understand your needs, provide a better service, process orders and provide you with relevant product news and updates. Personal information may be used for the following reasons:
- Processing payments and fulfilling orders placed on our website
- Internal record keeping and order tracking
- To improve our products and the service provided to you
- To distribute periodic updates and promotional material in regards company news, new products, special offers and other information we think you may find interesting. We will only ever engage with you where you have provided consent for us to do so, using (only) the email address you provided for this purpose.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to partner websites, or other websites we think may be relevant or useful for our customers. Please note however, that once you leave our website using one of the aforementioned links we have no control over the website you have linked to. Accordingly, we accept no responsibility for the protection / privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting websites outside of our own.
We take information security extremely seriously and are fully committed to ensuring your information is held securely and in accordance with the law. To prevent unauthorised information disclosure, we have put in place robust processes and procedures designed to safeguard and protect the data we collect from users of our website.
Visitors to the website can choose to accept or decline cookie usage. We hope you find our usage of cookies to be acceptable.
The Right To be Forgotten & Prevention of Direct Marketing
The only personal information we ever store for direct marketing purposes is email addresses (and in some instances names). Email addresses are provided to us via functionality embedded within our website (i.e. when an individual subscribes to a mailing list, places an order, or obtains a discount code).
We absolutely respect your right not to receive direct marketing. Should you wish to opt out of receiving marketing emails from Tiddlers & Nippers, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting this. We will ensure that your email address is removed from all current (and made unavailable for any future) marketing campaigns and outreach within 28 days of receiving your request.
We fully acknowledge individuals 'right to be forgotten'. Should you wish for your data to be removed from our database in its entirety, please send an email to email@example.com requesting this. We will delete all personal data we hold within 28 days of receiving your request. However, in some instances we may need to 'supress' your personal information (i.e. delete all but essential data, required to ensure we meet legal obligations relating to the tracking of personal data retention). Once those obligations have been fulfilled, all remaining data will be removed.
If you have any questions in regards to this policy, please contact us.